Aluminium pilfer proof caps are essential items in the liquid packaging industry. Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Food industries and Distilleries as glass bottle closures are the major consuming sectors. Pilfer proof caps provide protections to a container against substitution, adulteration or pilfering. Once you fix the cap, ordinarily it is not possible to tamper with the contents of the package without destroying the special device in the closure which is intended to provide such protection. Therefore, aluminium pilfer-proof closures most extensively used cap fitted on the glass bottles containing the
products such as liquor, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, syrups, and squashes. Here in this article, we intend to explain how to start a pilfer proof caps making business with small startup capital investment.
Pilfer Proof Caps Market Potential
Caps & closures is a dynamic sector in the packaging industry. The industry covers various stake holders such as raw material suppliers, processors, packaging manufacturers. Also, it has end-user industries such as manufacturers of food, beverage, personal care products, and pharmaceuticals. As opportunities to grow in these end-use markets are immense, players are competing to launch innovative products and diversifying their product portfolio. The end-use industries and their caps & closures are interdependent markets. The rise in the consumption of packaged products offers a strong customer base for the caps & closures market. Packaging is essential to preserve the quality of the product. Furthermore, it prevents it from chemical reactions endangering the consumer’s health. Hence, an efficient and suitable packaging is imperative for every product driving up demand for closures. Asia-Pacific has the highest market share and is estimated to grow at the fastest CAGR with Europe.
Therefore, the main use pattern of glass bottles in various areas is as follows
- Milk schemes 15%
- Pharmaceuticals 25%
- Breweries 30%
- Oils & cosmetics, Food 16%
- Soft drinks industry 14%
Pilfer Proof Caps Making Business Compliance
You must apply for different registrations and licenses. Small-scale operation attracts very few licensing formalities. Check your state law. Here, we have listed some of the basic requirements in India.
- Firstly, register your business with ROC. Choose the right form of organization to get the maximum effectivity.
- Obtain Trade License from the local authority.
- Apply for MSME Udyog Aadhaar Online Registration. This Is Optional. However, it helps in getting Govt. subsidy and grants.
- You may apply for ISO Certification
- Apply for an ‘NOC’ from Pollution Control Board
- For a large operation, you must obtain Factory License
- Finally, obtain VAT registration
Pilfer Proof Caps Making Unit Set Up & Machinery
You must secure an approx 2000 Sq Ft area for the manufacturing operation. Because you must have space for production, storage, and raw material keeping. Furthermore, you will need to have a space for official work. While you don’t have your own premise start the business with rent. Most important utilities are electricity and water. It is a manpower driven industry. As a result, you will need to employ both skilled and semi-skilled manpower. Hence it is advisable to establish the factory at industrial zone.
Basic machinery requirement are
- Un-geared fixed stroke, fixed inclined, power press, fitted with pneumatic friction clutch and brake, one shot lubrication device, and suitable electrification.
- Multi spindle knurling, beading machine complete with electricals and cap feeder device
- Three cavity die sets suitable for 28 mm PP caps die comprising diagonal pillar set with feeder plate and other standard accessories
- Roll feed attachment for automatic strip feeding up to 0.3mm thickness and width 175 mm with standard accessories
- Rotary wads assembling machine complete with suitable electricals and digital counter.
- Shearing machine pedal operated with strip collection tray
- Ring separator sorting drum for scrap rings with electricals
- Inspection Conveyor
- Cap sealing machine pedal operated for testing caps
- Electrical control panels with sensor
- Blower with electricals & pipe synchronization
- Finally, Testing instruments.
You will need to arrange the PP cap printing section. Because most of the companies prefer PP caps with their company brand name. Consequently, you can arrange for outsourcing also.
Pilfer Proof Caps Manufacturing Process & Raw Materials
The manufacturing process involves the following steps.
Firstly, You must print the desired design on aluminium sheets. Blank and draw the cap on punching machine. And you can do this by fitting the multiple dies for a particular size. Give the final size. It gives knurling, grooving perforation of the beading. Fit circular washers in the cap manually wherever required. Finally, PP caps are ready for packaging and despatch.
The raw materials required for manufacturing aluminium PP caps is 33 or 34 Gauge of hard Aluminium sheets. You can procure this material from any reputed dealers or manufacturers of Aluminium sheets. Other consumables required are PVC coated Wads which are available in all cities.
In the caps & closures market, pharmaceutical end-use is the fastest growing market in the recent time. Due to the increased awareness for public health, increasing product processing units, convenience packaging, and rising consumption of generic drugs, the pharmaceutical packaging industry is exhibiting strong gains. Therefore, in a small-scale pilfer proof caps making unit, concentrate on those market first.