The school uniform manufacturing business is a profitable venture in the clothing industry. Any individual can initiate this business from his or her home location also. The manufacturing opportunity attracts small capital investment towards machinery and equipment. In a full-scale manufacturing operation, you can add manufacturing readymade garments for kids and infants.
School Uniform Manufacturing Market Potential
Uniform for school students is a must in any region. It can be assumed that every student requires, at least, two pairs of uniform every year. Apart from some branded school uniform manufacturing company, unorganized sector dominates the Indian school uniform market. Branded school uniform market is an emerging concept inIndia and is expected to grow strongly. Growing private school market, huge unorganized market drivers & growth in organized retail are some of the reason for increasing the demand for school uniform. The total market potential in any particular location can be worked out by multiplying the number of students up to 10 years age in each school and the number of schools.
School Uniform Manufacturing Business Registration & License
Business registration is the must. Register with ROC as per the management pattern of the company. Obtain Trade License from local Municipal authority. Apply for Udyog Aadhar MSME registration. Obtain VAT registration. Register Trademark to protect your company brand name.
Finance For School Uniform Manufacturing Business & Unit setup
Land and building, cost of machinery and equipment, raw materials, and consumables are the major investment factor. In the case of applying a project loan, you will need to arrange the collateral security amount according the demand of banks. For working capital requirement, cash credit is the best option to avail.
For commencement of production, the project will take a period of 6 months from the date of registration. You will need to complete the formalities as such crafting business plan or project report, registrations, finance arrangement, procurement & installation of machinery, electrification and staffing. 5 HP power is required to run a full-scale school uniform manufacturing unit.
School Uniform Manufacturing Machine & Raw Materials
You will need to have the following machinery.
- Singer universal sewing machine
- Singer automatic zig zag machine
- Singer overlock machine
- Cutting table
- Electric iron
- Other miscellaneous equipment like scissors, tapes, etc.
The only needed raw material is textile. You will also need to procure different sewing threads, buttons, zips etc.
School Uniform Manufacturing Process
The manufacturing process involves following steps:
1. Procurement of fabric: As per the demand, dyed/bleached/printed cotton/synthetic fabric of various colours are to be procured from the market. Fabric will be inspected by laying on the inspection table against light before cutting so that unevenness in colour/shade or any other fault if visible in the fabric are eliminated.
2. Cutting and Stitching: Inspected fabric is placed on the cutting table in the form of layers and then the different parts of the respective garments is demarked by a chalk as per different sizes. Cutting of garment parts is done manually. Stitching is carried out for the individual portion of the garments by skilled workers with the help of over lock, lock stitch machines etc.3. Checking,
3. Checking, Processing and Packing: Final checking is done before pressing
and packing on the checking table so that any fault in the piece may be removed and protruding threads may be eliminated. Individual pieces are pressed by electric presses to remove any wrinkle marks and packed in the carton boxes.
There is no specific quality standard for this product. However, you must take care of procurement of good quality textile material in school uniform manufacturing operation.