Stone chips are one of the main construction materials along with bricks, sand, cement and steel. Crushed stone is segregated into various sizes like 35mm, 20mm, 12mm, etc for different uses. Crushed stone aggregates are used for the construction of roads, bridges, housing, industrial building construction and other cement based products like RCC pipes, PSC poles, pre moulded slabs, frames and beams, etc for fabrication. A stone crusher plant is a profitable venture for new entrepreneurs. The demand for quality stone chips is increasing day-by-day.
Stone Crusher Plant Market Opportunity
All the building constructions whether it is housing or industrial construction activities requires crushed stone. Crushed stone is also required for cement based products like RCC pipes, PSC poles, cement concrete hollow blocks, precast cement concrete slabs, well rings, window & door frames and road laying. The demand for crushed stone will continue to grow with the growth of its user industry. One of the most particular and general but most important material used for making concrete is stone chips. These are used as filler with binding materials in the production of concrete. Crushed stones occupy about 72-75% of the volume of concrete and they greatly influence the strength of concrete. The good quality black stones are most popular. The unit can be set up depending availability of raw material and major commercial centre.
Stone Crusher Plant Business Registration & License
- Register your firm with ROC according to the management pattern.
- Obtain Trade License from the local authority.
- Register with Udyog Aadhaar MSME. It will help you in getting Govt. subsidy on the capital investment.
- If you are also conducting mining, statutory norms must be followed there.
- Pollution control is a major issue. Obtain ‘consent to establish’ and ‘consent to operate’ both from State Pollution Control Board.
- Stone crusher plant requires the high voltage of electricity. Apply for the connection in the local power station.
- Stone crusher plant is a labour intensive operation. Follow the EPF and ESI norms according to the rule.
- Check the Vat Registration norms of your state.
Investment For Stone Crusher Plant
Land and machinery are the major fixed cost investment. Major working capital costs are raw material, manpower and utilities. Under the PMEGP scheme, you can get the subsidy from the banks. In the project funding, there must be a percentage of promoter’s allocation of the fund. Bank can ask for collateral security deposit also on the loan amount.
Stone Crusher Plant Machines & Raw Materials
Stone crusher plant machinery depends on the feed size of the stone, the desired product size and the size of crusher used. Following are the generally required machinery.
- Jaw crusher and granulator
- Conversion kit for converting crushed stone granules
- Set of hoppers for manual breaking.
- Rotary screen completes with all fittings.
- Trollies for carrying crushed material.
- Belt conveyor with motor
- Cyclonic dust collector with motor
- Spare jaws, jigs, fixtures and tools
Stone crusher plants are available in two major types namely (a) stationary (b) portable or mobile.
Stationary crushers are usually located at quarry heads. Portable crushers are mainly used at
construction sites. Here we have explained the stationary stone crusher plant details.
Stone boulders are the only raw material required for the stone crusher plant.
Stone Crusher Plant Production Process
Big stone boulders are first broken to smaller size manually. Then it fed to the stone crusher. The crusher can accept the stone size of 175mm. Stone crushing is the two-stage process. In the first
stage, 175mm stone is crushed to about 50mm. Thereafter, the crusher is fitted with a conversion
kit to enable granulation of 5 to 20mm. The crushed material is screened by the rotary screen. Unit location is a major factor for stone crusher plant business.