Wrought iron is a specific type of iron alloy with a very low carbon content in contrast to cast iron. Wrought iron furniture and different home decor items are very popular nowadays. In addition, wrought iron furniture is the best choice for patio furniture. Wrought iron is amazingly durable and sturdy and can resist even the harshest of weather. Another important aspect of choosing wrought iron type furniture is that it is incredibly versatile. Powder coated wrought iron furniture comes with different modern and innovative design and model. Any individual can start a small-scale wrought iron furniture making business with moderate capital investment. Here in this article, we intend to explore how to start a wrought iron furniture making business in India.
Wrought Iron Furniture Market Opportunity
Nowadays, this specific type of furniture is gaining tremendous popularity. Not only in metro cities but also suburban and small towns are the big market. The longevity of this product is also more and the product remains elegant and beautiful for a long time. Moreover, this furniture can carry any weight and size and cannot be destroyed easily. With the increasing population, there are growing numbers of educational institutes, hospitals, hotels, commercial establishments and offices in the country. And they are widely using chairs, tables, sofas, beds, cabinets, cupboards, dressing tables etc. This is also popular as the patio or outdoor furniture. Due to some specific advantages, wrought iron furniture is fast replacing conventional wooden items. Apart from the domestic market, there is also an export market for quality wrought iron furniture. Europe and America are the major markets for export from India.
Wrought Iron Furniture Making Business Registration
This is a small scale manufacturing business. In addition, the business demands different types of registration and licensing. It is advisable to check your state laws. Here we put some of the basic requirements.
- First of all, register your business. Choosing the right form of business is very essential.
- Obtain Trade License from local Municipal Authority.
- Apply For MSME Udyog Aadhaar Online Registration
- Apply for VAT Registration.
- For export, you will need to obtain IEC Code.
- Open a Current Account for the commercial transactions.
- This type of manufacturing doesn’t demand NOC from Pollution Control Board. However, you must use industrial exhaust fans at your painting room.
Wrought Iron Furniture Making Plant Setup & Machinery
A 200 Sq Mt area is sufficient for small scale operation. However, you must provide specific spaces for raw material storage, production area, painting zone, finished goods storage and space for official work. In addition, you will need to arrange the utilities like electricity and water. It is advisable to start with a rental premise. However, it is always better to have the place in an industrial zone. So that, you will get the availability of labour and transport.
Machinery & Equipment
- Treadle Guillotine shearing machine
- Power Press
- Hand operated brake press machine
- Spot Welding machine with accessories
- Hand operated hydraulic pipe bending machine
- Drilling machine
- Air Compressor with motor and Spray Gun
- Oxyacetylene gas welding set
- Pickling Tanks (Lead-lined)
- Power Hacksaw machine 6” Jaw Capacity
- Stoving Chamber (8’ x 4’ x 4’) fabricated
Select the machinery carefully. Furthermore, you will find a lot of technically upgraded tools in the market. Ask the machine supplying company for arranging the on-site product demonstration. Moreover, procure tools and equipment as per your desired quality and output demand.
Wrought Iron Furniture Manufacturing Process
You can procure plenty of raw material of wrought iron in the shape of round, square, iron rods, square pipes and also in other sectional forms from the market. First of all, you will need to craft the design. Then cut the sheets, strips, and tubular wrought iron to the required sizes. Then press to shape bent in a press brake for sides and drawers. Generally, the backs of chairs, sofas, and beds consist of decorative designing of various kinds of flowers and leaves etc. You can make these design with the pressing machine from the strips. Then do welding the sides and backs of wrought iron furniture. In addition, you can make the holes by drilling. Finally, spray painting gives amazing and glossy black look.
- Wrought iron pipes of different diameter size
- Wrought iron strips in different sizes
- Angle Irons and Rounds in different sizes
- Seating Material for Chairs and Sofas
- Coir Foam Sheets for beds
- Other components like Nuts, bolts, rivets, Welding Rods and paints etc.
You can procure the raw materials from the local wholesale market. However, procuring wrought iron materials from the manufacturer ensures better pricing. Tap the local market first. In addition, you can grow your wrought iron manufacturing business by expanding areas and distribution channels.