Whether you want to work from home, author a book, get more exposure for your existing business or simply write, I recommend creating a website with a CMS feature. I have created and managed lots of websites/blogs over the past few years and I have acquired quite a lot of experience in the subject. This guide has helped countless others get started too.
Creating a website is extremely SIMPLE and it does not require any coding skills (HTML). In fact, the whole process is somewhat automatic. Irrespective of your age you can start creating a blog.
Here is my simple and complete guide on how to create a website and earn money online:
STEPS NEEDED TO START A WEBSITE
- Choosing a Blogging Platform
- Choose a domain
- Purchase Hosting
- Installing WordPress
- Start using WordPress
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PLATFORM
There are lots of different platforms on which you can build your website. But the most popular and my favorite is WordPress. I have used WordPress for years. Some of the most popular websites in the world are built on WordPress including this blog!
WordPress has been downloaded over 100 Million times and increasing day by day! The sheer stats is enough to convince you that it is the best platform to use.
The Pros of WordPress are:
- There are plenty of free themes and layouts to choose
- No need for coding! This is one thing which forces us who are not expert in programming to keep away from internet activity.WordPress uses plugins, there is a plugin for almost everything, so no need for coding
- You can easily add images and multimedia
- Ridiculously simple to install (takes less than 2 minutes)
With WordPress, you can create what is called a ‘self-hosted blog’, and this is what we are going to be doing. This means that we can use our own hosting and most importantly, our own domain name.
It also makes your blog more authentic if it is self-hosted on your own domain, and you have full ownership of it. For this reason, I always self-host my blogs.
HOW TO HOST YOUR WEBSITE
Are you ready to start your own blog or freelancer’s site but are confused by the technicality of it or are just looking to do it cheaply? No matter your answer I’ve got you covered.
Web Hosting is essentially about Page Load Speed and Uptime. There are numerous web hosting providers which provide similar service. I for one with all my experience would recommend the one which delivers high Page Load Speed and 100% Uptime.
We recommend strongly SiteGround hosting provider as your website host.
We host all our sites with SiteGround mainly for three reasons.
- SiteGround delivers great performance regarding blog load speed and uptime. It is also easy to use and probably one of the best picks for beginners.
- The best customer service. Probably the best among all the hosting companies. I find it is extremely important for a beginner as no tutorial can teach you 100 % unless you start to do it and go through the process of hosting your site. You will find 24/7 customer service executives helping you whenever you want.
- I get a free domain name along with the hosting plan and thereby saving good money.
SETTING UP THE WEBSITE ON WORDPRESS
Just follow the following steps and you will be able to install your blog easily within 5 minutes.
- Visit www.SiteGround.com and click on “Sign Up” or “See Plans”
If you are a beginner, I will personally recommend you to select the start-up plan. When your blog grows you can upgrade your plan accordingly.
Review and complete order
I like SiteGround more than other hosting providers because here only you will get the discount on any plan for any duration, unlike other companies. Other providers generally offer discounts for longer hosting durations.
That’s it. You’re now officially a website owner with a WordPress blog! Congrats.
Now you can move on to the fun stuff like finding a good theme. There are plenty of free themes to start with. In course of time buy a paid theme.
How to make money from your website
Making money from your website can be an uphill task without a guide. I took a long time before I started making any money from blogs, mainly because I was inexperienced. I gained experience from my failures and now I can share that experience with you.
There are lots of ways to monetize your blog to make money, some of them include things like,
- Adsense – Get paid when people click on ads
- Selling a product/service
- Selling other people’s products as affiliates
- Blog advertising,
- Drop Shipping – Selling physical products that you don’t actually own
The first thing you need to determine if a niche of your blog If for example, you are writing a blog that provides a lot of information, similar to this blog, then you may want to think about using Google Adsense or selling advertising space on your blog.
Hope this guide has provided you with some effective information to get you started. You now have all the information in setting your WordPress blog and the knowledge to know how to start a website earn money online anytime you like.